Saturday, October 31, 2009

What a Football Game!

I don't have much of a voice this morning because I yelled a LOT last night. It was a GREAT game. Our team won 17 to 14. They clinched a playoff berth for the first time since 2003. The game started with both teams scoring touchdowns on their first drives. Then SS went on to score a field goal to take a 10 to 7 lead. With 5 minutes left in the first half, the other tear went ahead 14 to 10. With time running out the Indians (the other team) made it down to the 1 yard line, but time had expired in the half. The Indians went into half time leading14 to 10. We got the opening kick off, and SS marched it down the field for a 17 to 14 lead. It was a game of defense from that point on. With 5 minutes left in the game, the Indians turned the ball over on downs. SS was marching down the field, and there was only 20 seconds left in the game. SS had 4th down at the Indians 8, when we fumbled the ball. Their player picked up the ball and ran it back to SS's 30 yard line. They had 4 chances to get into the end zone, but our defense held them. We won 17 to 14. It was exciting. It was a great game. SS guaranteed themselves a playoff spot for the first time since 2003. I'm hoping that the first playoff game isn't so far away that I can't go. Oh please don't be. Oh please don't be.

In other news, the girls got themselves 2 pairs of shoes each and 3 outfits yesterday. They had to have new dress shoes for church, and KG has outgrown everything. I can't believe how big my little girl is getting. The boys are doing good. They are both ungrounded until I hear about this weeks test scores. We found out that we are going to be moving on November 21. I'm not looking forward to that. My parents are moving on the 14th, and then we are moving on the 21st. My parents are buying a 2 story 4 bedroom house, so we are going to move in with them until March. That will give me some time to really save some money. That way we can move into a bigger house. We pretty much stay here now any way. I've already disconnected everything at our house but electric and water. I gave our notice to our landlord. I really wish he had a little bit bigger house in the area. He is so nice, and I really enjoy dealing with him. If anybody wants to come help us move, you are more than welcome too. We could use all the help we can get.

KB is either going to be in the playoffs come November 14, or he will be in a weekend tournament on the 14th. We are not sure which yet. We should know more at the end of today. He has a football game at 3. I can't wait to see him play. I'm hoping that they will get another win.

I got to talk to Hubster yesterday for 40 minutes on the phone. It was so nice to hear his voice. I love you Hubster. I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. if you get some loads packed up and I have a free moment, I'd be happy to help you move some stuff over. I just need to make some room in my schedule. Can't guarantee that will happen but who knows? Glad you will get to save some money though and have your parents help. Good deal!

    ReplyDelete