Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm beginning to really love my Mondays...

Those are my kid free 5 hour days. I went to drop off the girls at Mrs. H's house, and KG was running up to the door. She was telling me that she was going to play and to have fun. BG though was a different story. She woke up this morning perfectly fine. She touched the cat, and her nose started running. Her eyes got red and puffy. I gave her some benadryl, and off in the car we went. She fell asleep on the short drive. She was crying when I passed her off to Mrs. H. I told Mrs. H. to just lay her down that she should go to sleep. I had told her about the benadryl and the cat.

After dropping off the girls, I went to meet Angie at Mimi's cafe. The food was wonderful. Nothing like having an omelet with monterrey jack cheese, avocado, and bacon. It was divine. After we were done eating, we went to Garden Ridge and Kohls. Time flew by, but I had so much fun.

I went and picked the girls up. BG was fussy, but I didn't think anything about it when I got her. She usually clings to me when I pick her up. We got home, and she was acting like she was hungry. I got her something to eat, and she started screaming. She was telling me ouch, and she was pointing to her mouth. I picked her up, and looked in there thinking that she was going to have some teeth. She had a mouth full of thrush, the poor baby. I called her doctor, and they told me to bring her in immediately. That he would want to see her. We got there, and the baby is running a fever of 101.6. I had no idea where the fever came from. He checked her out, and everything was all clear. He decided that he was going to go ahead and prescribe her some antibiotics. She ate some ice cream when we got home. Then my parents got her some yogurt to eat tonight because she would cry when anything would touch her moth. She seemed to be able to eat that. I gave her the medicine for the thrush. That was not fun holding her down while I swabbed her sores. She was laughing and playing by the time she went to bed. The sores still look horrible, and I feel terrible that I missed them.

She has also taken to sleeping on my bed until I go to bed. She is wanting to be such a big girl. She is such a joy.

The boys are grounded for the week. They both failed their spelling tests, and then TB has 2 zeros in Bible because he didn't even attempt to say his Bible verses the last 2 weeks. His teacher told him that he could make up the 2 weeks, but she wouldn't give him more than a 50. He will have time to do study them because I am now the proud keeper of 2 cell phones and 2 extra tvs. They will learn that I mean business, and they are going to feel funny come Saturday when they aren't allowed to play outside. They will spend that time studying for the next test until it is time to trick or treat.

I'm going to have to make a doctor's appointment for my shoulder. It is killing me, and I can't lift my arm above my shoulder without sharp pains shooting down my arm. I have no idea what I have done to it. There are certain places that you can touch that it hurts to even touch it. Guess I need to be taking care of myself.

Hubster, I love you. I wish I could have chatted more with you than the few minutes that we got. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. how's the shoulder? I hope better now! sounds like burcitis... I don't know how to spell that... I've had that before. It's no fun!
    And is baby all better now?

    ReplyDelete