Sunday, October 25, 2009

For a day that started off so bad...

it certainly turned out good. Hubster texted me at 730 this morning. I of course ended up missing Sunday school, but we did make it to church. Today was that day though where if anybody even looked at me, I would cry. The mom of the boy that KB stayed with last night came up to talk to me before the service started. I did good. She asked me if I needed anything, and that is when the tears started. I couldn't get them to stop. I composed myself. Told her no that I was fine, and I went into the sanctuary. Where I promptly cried again the next time somebody asked how I was doing. I hate crying. It makes me feel weak. It doesn't really do any good except to make my nose run and my eyes to puff up. Church though was great. The song service was wonderful, and we sang one of my all time favorite songs. "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)" by Chris Tomlin. If you have never heard the song, here is the link to the video on youtube. I couldn't embed it here, but I will post the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqJsBRFdrA0

Then Pastor C delivered an amazing sermon as always. After church, we went out to lunch with Angie and Michael. It was so nice. They wouldn't let me pay for our food. That was so sweet of them. After church, TB, the Girls, and I ran home for a few hours. We had to return to church tonight. The boys needed to start practicing for the Christmas recital plus we had to pick up KB. I caught myself singing though on the way to church. I was listening to the Christian music station, and I caught myself singing. This is a huge deal to me. It has been forever since I have felt like singing. I don't know what it was that happened between 11 AM and 5 PM, but I was looking forward to going to church. It has been awhile since that has happened. I got to church and 2 different people cornered me. They were telling me what they were going to do. Not giving me a chance to say I was fine. I don't need anything. Then the pastor's wife brought me out a basket of bath goodies. She had written me the sweetest note. It was just so nice. I guess I felt very loved today by our church family. Satan had been trying for months to pull me down, and he had nearly succeeded. God though had a different plan, and He showed me tonight exactly how much people really do care. I can't tell you enough how much I needed that.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be going to lunch with Angie. I'm hoping that her son and my BG is feeling okay. Here is praying that both of them are just fine tomorrow because it sounds like tomorrow could turn out to be fun.

Hubster, I miss you beyond words. Thank you for the email. I will reply to it. I promise. Just give me a bit to think about it. I need to have the right words. As far as the other email, that is what I'm here for. Know that you are loved and missed not only by me but by about 100 people at church who holler at me all the time asking how you are doing. You will know which people those are. I'm sure of it.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that your day turned out well for you. And now you know that all the thinking that you were unloved and unliked was all in your head. Just remember that it is ok to ask for help.

    love bill

    ReplyDelete