Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Day...Well it is another day

The day started off good. It did. I was in a good mood. Even though I was woke up at 530 by a sweet babbling girl hollering Momma. I tried to ignore her, but she was going to have none of that. Finally gave up at 630, and I got out of bed with her. Chatted online for a little while with my best friend. Then things started to go south.

I don't know how to explain it. Went to take KB his food, and I realized that after about 10 minutes into his lunch that his food was wrong. Thankfully I was still sitting in the parking lot because another Seabee wife had texted me. She was having a problem, and she wanted my take on it. This is their first deployment, and their marriage is not handling this deployment very well. It makes me thankful for the wonderful husband that I have. As much as he irritates me at times, I wouldn't trade him for any thing. Had to end up taking KB out of school to run and grab him so lunch. He had to inhale it on the way back to school, so he wouldn't be late. Got home, and I waited around until nearly 4 for Hubster to get online. He got online, and we got to chat for about 30 minutes. It is nice that he can make me laugh and smile across the miles. He had gotten his package that I had mailed out last Friday. Pretty impressed with the turn around time. They had already eaten most of the candy. He was nice and shared. I got requests for specific things in the next box. That one should go out on Monday. Hopefully this one will arrive just as quick.

Took the kids to Target tonight, so that we could get the special popcorn that Daddy had requested. The boys had money burning holes in their pockets. I was so proud of myself for not giving into them wanting more money. Score 1 for Mom. She said no, and she meant no. No matter how much they whined and complained. TB nearly wore me down, but I straightened my spine and kept my ground. I won that battle. Yes, I was patting myself on the back when I left.

And with all that, I still can't exactly explain why the day was blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment