Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Get the Worst Parent Ever Award

I'm going to win the award for it today. I accidentally locked KG in my van. When I pull the van into the garage, I always open the sun roof and roll down the windows. I leave my keys in the console. That way the kids don't go running off with them. It was a little chilly outside, so I cracked open the sunroof about 8 inches. I threw the keys into the console. When I got out of the van, I hit the lock button with my elbow. Then I shut the door. As soon as I shut the door, I knew exactly what I had done. KG just laughed for the first 10 minutes as we tried to get it unlocked. Then she started screaming. I remembered that my car insurance had road side assistance, so I gave them a call. They told me it was going to be 20 minutes to get to me. My dad made it home, and he ended up getting her out using a golf club and he attached a thick clothes hanger to the end with tape. He was able to push the unlock button. She was stuck in there for 40 minutes. I felt terrible.

KG woke up this morning at 230, and she was awake till about 3. At which point, BG woke up and screamed for 2 solid hours. I couldn't get her calmed down. She finally fell back asleep at 530. I had to get up a little after 7. The girls decided not to nap today either. What was up with that? I was so tired, that all I wanted to do was sleep.

TB announced to me at 9 PM that he still had homework. He has 5 comp. checks in science due tomorrow. There is one of them that I have no idea how in the world that he can do it. It is one of those that you label. Hmmmm, what to do.

I got to chat online with Hubster today for a bit. I teared up when he said good night. I miss him. Somebody said the other day that this feels like it is getting harder each day instead of easier. I miss him more and more each day. We will just keep chugging along. Each day down is one day closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment