Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Bubble was Burst...

The XO sent out an email about an incident involving 3 of our Seabees. It made me ill reading it. Up until now, I have been able to put them in a safe place. That all came crashing down. It doesn't matter where they are at, not a one of them are really safe. Any thing can happen at any time. I was just trying to put this bubble around them. That bubble was burst. Thank God the 3 are fine. They are waiting to recover full enough to go back.

In other news, I got my first gift card from Sears today for their Hero's at Home. I figured that the amount would be small if I even got one. It was for $100. I was happy with that. I couldn't believe it, and then I got another email from them telling me that I should be receiving another gift card around the 21st of December. The amount will depend on how much money is donated to the fund by Sears shoppers. It was a wonderful surprise. I'm glad that I stumbled across the program before it was too late.


1 comment:

  1. wow! wish you would've shared this program with me. I would have loved to have participated in it as well. Are there any others you have stumbled across that you can pass along? Congrats! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete