Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tomorrow is the Day...

I have my surgery, and there will hopefully not be any more kids. I'm nervous about doing this without Hubster here, but I know he will be close by in thoughts and prayer. TB told me today that I didn't have to have surgery. That there was something that they could put in there that was birth control. I didn't know rather to laugh or die of embarrassment. I decided to laugh, and told him it was none of his business. That he needed to drop it. I'm really looking forward to not worrying about having another kid.

The only thing really going on around here is having to deal with the hospital. They seem to have my insurance messed up. I went for my preop on Tuesday only to be told that I owe $1000, and that they take a payment of 60%. Wait! What! I have Tricare Prime. I shouldn't owe any where near that amount. They told me that it was my deductible. Uh, no, first off the deductible for Tricare is at the most $300. I don't have $600 right at this moment to pay you, so they went ahead did all of the preop blood work and tests that they needed. I then went downstairs to the financial counselor. She told me that the $1000 was my deductible, and that the hospital is not part of Tricare's network any longer. That since it was the holidays, that I could pay $250 today. Then they would bill me for the rest, and that we could make payment arrangements. She even advised me that I would owe additional after the $1000. Oye, I was sick but I went ahead and paid my $250. I need to have the surgery. A kid would cost me more than that, and they were willing to work with me. When I got home, I got online to Tricare and sent an inquiry about what my total bill would be. I also picked up the phone and called them. They were so nice up there. They told me that I was covered at 100%, and that the hospital should have never charged me a dime. That even though the hospital is no longer in network, that my OB only does surgeries at that hospital. They had already negotiated a fee with the hospital. She told me to get my money back. I've been trying for two days now to get the hospital to talk to me. Tricare was even nice enough today to send me the approval information stating that it was 100% covered. I'm hoping that I get my money back real soon.

Still haven't finished up my Christmas shopping. I will hopefully be done with that in the next couple of days.

This is the last week of school for the semester. We have made it 18 weeks. I'm hoping that the next 20 flies by just as fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment