Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!!!


Boy what a day. First off, yesterday it was in the 70s here. Today we have 3 inches of snow on the ground. For the first time that I can ever remember, we will have a white Christmas. It is extremely pretty and maybe just maybe, I will take a picture with my new pink camera from the kids and post it. I love that it is pink. Hubster isn't going to want to play with my pink camera. The kids all loved their presents. The girls were overwhelmed with their gifts. I could literally put a few gifts up and regift them for their birthdays. They would never know the difference. The boys were given Ipods from their Daddy and I. I was mean though, and I wrapped up the accessories in 2 different boxes. Then I wrapped their Ipods up and put them in another present that had pjs and underwear. They couldn't figure out where their Ipod Nanos were. It was great. They both loved them. I'm glad that they liked their gifts. It seems like all of the kids liked their gifts. We didn't get to make it to church tonight because the roads were icy and nasty. I wasn't going to. I did dress the kids in their church clothes, and I think I will dress them up again on Sunday for church.

Santa though isn't doing so hot. We went to put together the girl's ride on police cars. Both of them are missing an important nut that holds the handlebars on. That means they won't be under the tree in the morning. Thankfully they are little, and I had picked them up something that they can have in the morning until I can get the necessary bolts. Then KB's electric razor scooter needed 2 tools that we don't have. He will get his gift, but he won't be able to ride it. He wouldn't have been able to ride it first thing any way. I didn't even want to look at TB's DSi.

I got so mad at my oldest tonight, that if my head could have spun around like a top it would have. I am now the proud owner of his Ipod, a Wii, and a DSi come tomorrow morning until the child can learn to behave. UGH, his daddy would have come unglued on him. I did tell him that he can EARN each item back. All he has to do is behave himself, do what he is told, and to be nice to his siblings.

He did though do something today that amazed me. He astounds me at times with what he is able to do. His PSP was broke. The reader was not working. Hubster had a PSP that had been dropped, so the screen was broken. For some reason, we had held onto Hubster's busted PSP. Today, TB decided that he was going to take the two broke PSPs and make one that would work. He watched a video ONE time on Youtube on how to switch out the screens, and not 20 minutes later he had a working PSP. I was shocked and proud of him. He struggles so much in school, and he is always so down on himself. The boy though is very mechanical. There is no way I could do what he did.

I didn't get to talk to Hubster today on the phone, but he was able to IM two times. He got online around 10 PM my time. He had just finished running a 5K. I'm very proud of him. I told him that I want to start running, so maybe when he gets home we can run together.

I'm going to go to bed now. I'm sure that my children will wake me up early to see what Santa has brought them. I hope they love it as much as I love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment