Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!



As happy as it can be with my husband halfway around the world.

The kids had a wonderful day on Friday. They all enjoyed the 12.5 inches of snow that had fallen. That is the most ever in a 24 hour time period. We still have some on the ground. We were going to go out and eat for my birthday on Friday with my parents, and then my aunt and uncle called to see if my parents wanted to go out to eat with them. What am I supposed to say? Sure, no problem. I will just stay home with the kids. That was okay because I ended up falling asleep around 845, and my kids all slept in till 845 the next morning. I guess I needed the sleep.

Saturday I took the kids to get new shoes. They all needed them, and thankfully Kohl's was having a huge shoe sale. I got the girls 2 pairs of shoes each, KB 2 pairs of shoes, and TB the shoes he has been begging for, but I have kept telling him no because they are expensive. I ended up with $30 in Kohl's cash. Too bad that I hate all of the kids Easter dresses there. They don't have any thing that is cute. I did end up with 2 shirts for myself. Yes, I actually bought myself something. Saturday night we had a Sunday school Valentine's party. I ended up with a "date". Her name was Karen. Her husband is an over the road truck driver, and he wasn't there either. We even had our picture taken together. It was really fun. Hubster would have loved it. The picture above is what Hubster got me for my birthday. It is the world famous plaque that I griped so much about. It is pretty, but it is not something that I would normally get. I'm not a knick knack person.

Today has been rough. It started off okay, but I was sitting in Sunday school class this morning when a migraine hit with a ferociousness. I ended up having to leave. I was in tears by the time I made it back to the car. That meant I missed not only SS but also church this morning and tonight. Hubster sent me some gorgeous tulips for Valentine's Day. They are beautiful, and I prefer them to the standard roses that most people get. I like that what he chose. I've gotten where I put the flowers he sends on my dresser. That way they are the last thing I see before I got to sleep, and the first thing i see in the morning. They also make my room smell so good. Because my head was hurting so bad this morning, I came home and took a nap. This caused me to miss Hubster online. He told me that whatever they are doing has caused them to have very limited Internet and forget about phone calls. I haven't actually spoken to him since the 4th. I just tell myself keep plugging away because we are getting towards the end. I got my first email from the ombudsman today with some end info. It is starting to feel like it is really going to end.

Hubster, I miss you, and I love you. I'm ready for you to be home. Words can not begin to express how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment