Saturday, February 27, 2010

Don't want to Have to Do that Again...

The next funeral I have to attend for a service member will be way to soon. The service was very poignant. He had very few family members but a ton of friends. It was a standing room only crowd. I got there just as the service started. That is what happens when you are talking on the phone to your husband, and go right past your exit. I had no idea where I was going any way. I was kind of disappointed that there were not more wives there for the funeral. There were only between 6 to 8 including me. I would hope that if something happened to my husband, that more would show up. After the funeral, Hubster called to see how the funeral was, and to tell me thank you for going in his place. That it really meant a lot to him. I don't want to have to go to another one ever. Even driving into the National Cemetery and seeing the rows upon rows upon rows of markers for military members would tear you up. It was an amazing site. Now, I'm going to take a little break from my regular scheduled blogging in order to bring you this rant.....

I don't know how it is in every body else's neck of the woods, but around here when you see a funeral procession driving through, you pull over and stop until they have passed with the exception being on interstate.

Mr. Police Officer told us all to turn on our hazard lights to let people know we were part of the funeral procession. This also means that you don't stop for red lights etc...

1. Douche Bag #1 - the guy in the gold Ford pickup...I can understand how incredibly busy you are, but did you have to nearly run me freaking over, so that you could go through the red light without stopping and then immediately get out of line and go about your business. How disrespectful you are.

2. Douche Bag #2 - Just because you have a green light doesn't mean that you can turn left and get into the funeral procession line. I know that you were probably confused with the police car, Patriot Guard riders (What an awesome group of people!), hearse, limo, and the mile long line of cars with the hazard lights flashing. I guess you didn't realize that you nearly took out the car in front of me because you were in such a gosh dang hurry to get to where ever you were going. It doesn't matter that you had a green light. The funeral procession has the right of way. I don't really care where you were going.

3. Douche Bag #3 - Get off your stinking cell phone and pay attention. I get that you are getting on interstate, but to stay in between the car in front of me all the while talking on your cell phone, just smacks of insensitivity. Being that I was 6 cars back from the hearse, should have let you know that you just hopped into a funeral procession. Scoot over to the next lane instead of jabbering on the phone.

4. Douche Bag #4 - The trucker in the 18 wheeler - Thanks for getting in between me and the car in front of me. I couldn't see around you, and I had no idea where I was going. I thought you were in the far right lane in order to exit only to find out that you just wanted to drive there. I know that you could see that you were part of a funeral procession. I got lucky that I was able to see them exit, or I would have had a line of cars about a mile long trying to find the National Cemetery. Move over.

Got that off my chest. The Patriot Guard Riders are amazing.

My best friend came over to watch the girls for me, so that I could go. Her and her husband and their kids stayed for supper. He took all of the kids upstairs, and Nita and I got to eat supper in peace and quiet. It was so lovely. My kids just love Leonard. I can't wait for Hubster to get home in order, so that we can get together to play dominoes.

Hubster was able to get online today. It only cost him $130. GRRRRRR, that is freaking highway robbery for a month of service. I actually got to see him on Skype, but he couldn't see us or even hear us. Maybe tomorrow we will have a better connection. I did end up getting the girl's Easter dresses. I usually hold off until the Saturday before Easter, but I found the ones I liked. I went ahead and bought them. BG's is a purple plaid, and KG's is a pink plaid. I just have to get the fancy socks, white dress shoes, and hair bows.




No comments:

Post a Comment