Sunday, January 3, 2010

What a Way to begin a New Week...

Church tonight was awesome. The pastor that was preaching the final night of our Bible conference said something tonight that struck me. No where in the Bible does it say that God will not give you more than you can bear. As a matter of fact, 2 Corinthians 1: 8 -9, are perfect examples of God doing just the opposite. He was saying that God might give you more than you can bear, BUT NEVER more than HE can bear. All you have to do is lay your burdens at God's feet and leave them there. There have been days during this deployment that I feel like I have reached the end of my rope. I have no where else to turn. I have no where else to go. I've been really trying to do this on my own. I don't have to do this on my own. I can lay my burdens at God's feet. I can ask for help. It is okay for me to ask for help. Talk about a "wow" moment.

This week has changed me some. I've always had my faith, but I feel like I have grown over the last couple of days. I don't know how to describe it. I feel closer to Him. I feel comforted. Even in the despair of New Year's Eve, I think that was Satan really attacking me. Trying to get at me with what he knew was one of my biggest weaknesses. The thing is though, that I prayed my way through that. I just kept praying over and over for a peace from God to envelope me, and eventually that peace did come. I have a new hunger to learn every thing I can and to share the good news of salvation. I felt like the Bible conference was aimed directly at me.

In other news, the boys start back to school tomorrow. I'm so happy about that. Woo Hoo! I'm so very excited. The girls are doing fantastic. I laugh at KG. I can put her in her pjs and as soon as I tell her time to go night, night she strips down to her diaper. I don't know if I will ever get her to wear clothes to bed. BG has a horrible cough. I'm hoping that it isn't any thing serious.

Haven't heard from Hubster since Friday. Not to worried about him, I know that he is busy. Still miss hearing though from him that he is fine. I'm guessing he has forgotten how to email, since I know he was online today. He just didn't bother to let me know how he was doing. Guess I'm not important enough. Yes, I know he reads this, and I hope he feels bad. It didn't exactly make me feel all that great knowing that he could take the time to reply to his cousin on FB, but couldn't take the time to send his wife an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment