Friday, January 15, 2010

It is Friday!

I was sitting here today when I realized that Hubster has been gone for over 200 days. Wow, in a way it seems like he has been gone forever, and then another way it seems like he left just yesterday.
The Navy released a statement yesterday about the extensions, and that from here on out that deployments for reservists will be 11 months. 3 months of training before they leave US soil and 8 months in country. They have already been told of when the next deployment should occur, but I don't think that is going to make much of a difference to us. Seems like Hubster is planning on staying active duty if he can. It doesn't matter much to me. I have pretty much zero support here. It has been disheartening.
BG today was running around with panties on top of her head. I was trying to get a picture of her, but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me too. I was cracking up laughing at her. Her and her sister were better today. They weren't near as whiny as they have been. The boys both had great days at school. TB said that his teacher told him that nobody made below an A on a history test. GO TB! KB made it a full week without 1 single conduct report. Very proud of that. They both listened pretty well this week. Now, I need to find some wood to knock on. I don't want to jinx us.
My niece, who is a senior, is taking FFA. For those of you who have no idea what that is, that stands for Future Farmers of America. She had to show 4 pigs today in the stock show in the little town that they live in. One of her hogs got reserved grand champion, but what cracked me up was that her and the Ag teacher got in an argument when she was showing the pig. She lost her pig, and the judge had to show tell her where her pig was. It really cracks me up because I know how A is. She is so much like her mom with just enough of her dad kicked in to make things fun. The oldest nephew is getting his jail certification, so he got to get pepper sprayed today. He said that was loads and loads of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment