Friday, March 25, 2011

Have a partial diagnosis...

I got the results back from the ct scan on Thursday. She doesn't seem to think that I'm going to need a hysterectomy after all even though last week she was adamant that I was going to be having one. I guess that is okay even though I still think there is something wrong in that area, but I can't argue with tests. I can only go with my gut feeling on this one, and my gut is telling me that there is something not right.

The ct scan shows I have something called spondyloisthesis. It causes your back to hurt. http://www.medicinenet.com/spondylolisthesis/article.htm that explains what it is. The thing that irks me is that my back has hurt for 15 years easily. Never before has it hurt in my front. The sharp pains are still there, and it still aches. Just thankfully not everyday. I can take tylenol to help with the inflammation in my back, but it doesn't touch the front pain. I asked them if I was going to have to live like this the rest of my life because I need to know. They weren't very forthcoming. I now have an ultrasound scheduled on Monday for a scan of my gallbladder to check for gallstones. I'm expecting that to come back just fine. After they get the results back on the gallbladder issue, they will set up a follow-up appointment with Dr. M. I'm going to assume at this point, that I'm not going to want to hear what she has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment