Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sigh

The weekend was long, and it felt like it would never end. I was happy to see the boys go back to school. It helps the girls get back into a routine without somebody (TB) interrupting their routine. We didn't really do much of anything except try and get the house clean. We didn't make much progress since I have 4 kids. They were making messes faster than I was cleaning. I did get 2 rooms rearranged though, and that helped with the cleaning. I still have some more to do, but I will have it done by the end of the week.

The weekend was rough emotionally too. I guess it is finally hitting home that this deployment is actually going to happen. Reality finally showed her face. The emotional roller coaster that I was on this weekend was amazing.

Saturday is KB's first official football game. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be decent. It shouldn't be too hot. I don't even know what time or even where his game is. I will have to find out.

The kids are all doing pretty good. KG has hit a growing spurt. I can't believe how much she grew over the summer. BG is enjoying being a toddler. TB is your typical 11 year old kid. Thankfully he is loving school this year. It makes my life so much easier. KB is still not sleeping, and we have to keep on him about him eating. He didn't go to sleep last night until after midnight. He ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup at 10 last night. He said he was hungry. I wasn't going to stop him from eating considering that he had eaten like a bird all day yesterday. We get to keep TB's class pet this weekend too. He is so excited. I just wonder what the girls are going to think about a guinea pig.

To the Hubster, if you are reading this. Know that you are very much loved. We all miss you terribly, and we can't wait for you to come home. Don't worry about us here. We will make it. We take one day at a time, and we put one foot in front of the other. Each day down, is one day closer to you coming home. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment