Friday, September 11, 2009

Headed back to GP one more time.

I'm trying to look on the bright side of getting to see Hubster one more time. I hate the fact that they are still Stateside. I was so irritated when I found out that they weren't leaving yet. I said my goodbyes last week. If Hubster hadn't called and asked us to come out, I wouldn't be going. I was torn as it was about rather or not to even go. I really can't wait to see him, but that means that I will have to say those goodbyes again. They leave me emotionaly drained. Maybe this time though, I will remember to take pictures of him.

KB has his first football game on Saturday. It is supposed to be raining. YAY! Nothing like having all of the kids by myself at a football game. I hope that he enjoys it. I really do.

I got to see my niece's senior pictures. She is so pretty. I didn't realize just how much that she looks like my dad's side of the family. She definetly has the family chin plus she has the same little curl on the exact same spot of her head that I do. I can't believe how much she has grown up. I'm so proud of her and her brothers. She was my excuse not to go to college.

TB is doing so good in school. We got his progress report, and he has all A's and B's except for the 70 in handwriting. Dysgraphia is going to cause his handwriting to always be horrible. I am so proud of him. He just doesn't know how much. He had such a hard time last year. This year is amazing.

KB started taking melatonin to try and help him sleep. It is an amazing difference. I don't know if the medicine is helping him think he is more tired than he is, or if it really does make that much of a difference. I just have him taking 1mg per night. He went from not falling asleep until after midnight to being asleep by 10. I'm thinking if I upped his intake another mg that he might even be asleep even earlier. His teacher has noticed an immediate difference. She said he is alot more perky and alert. He is also not as grouchy. Still having issues with getting him to eat, but we will get that worked out.

KG and BG are doing good too. They play so well together. I am so glad that they have adjusted so well with Daddy being gone. I guess it has more to do with their age. They don't understand what is going on, but they know that they can see their Daddy on the computer or even on my phone. They both will start hollering Daddy when my phone rings.

Would somebody please explain to me why kids sports must have practice on Wednesday nights? I just don't get it. We go to church on Wednesday nights and Sunday morning and evening. We actually enjoy going to church. KB's football team had practice on Wednesday because Monday was a holiday. Guess who didn't go to practice. I'm trying to teach my kids where their prioties should be. I know though that we are in the minority of church goers. I can tell that just by how many people show up for church on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment