Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Reunion...


Photo was taken shortly after Hubster got off the bus.

I forgot how intense the feeling would be of seeing Hubster again. I knew where the buses were the entire time. I will tell you there are not any words that can describe the intense feelings that you experience when I read the words. "We are on base". I started to shake. I was having a hard time remembering to breath. Then when you catch the first glimpse of the buses as they are being paraded around the base. Yes, they were paraded around the base before they got to us. They made the turn to get into the home stretch, and everybody that was there started shouting and hollering. Hubster was on the second bus. He was waving at me from the window, so I knew exactly where he was at. I watched his progress down the aisle. I was not losing sight of him. I got a picture of him as he stepped off the bus. They had told us to stay off the grass, but as soon as he stepped foot off, I ran to him. I could have cared less about the grass, and everybody else was the same way. If they didn't want us on the grass, they should have had the meeting in the parking lot. We were there nearly 2 hours waiting on his bag.

My heart did break for those that didn't have family there to greet them. I hugged a few of them to welcome them home. I hugged his friend a couple of times. He didn't have any family there to greet him. He actually took the picture above of us. I was kind of shocked that there were not that many people there. For over 200 Seabees, there were maybe 40 families there to greet their Seabee. I figured that there would be more with how close we were to the training place. I know that we live 2 states over, but I fully expected to see more people.

I probably won't post any thing else until after Hubster gets to see the kids. They are set to come out to see him in 2 days. KG saw the picture of Hubster and I on my FB page. Grandma showed it to her, and she told Grandma...There is my Daddy. There is my Daddy, and he is with my Mommy. Does Daddy get to hold me? I can't wait for her to actually see her Daddy. Daddy said that he would hold her as much as she wanted him too. BG was also hollering Daddy at the picture. I hope they take to him right away. I've tried to make sure that they know who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment