Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!!!

The last holiday that we will spend without Hubster this deployment. I can't believe that I can finally type that. This deployment has seemed so long in most aspects, but in some it has seemed so short.

Easter is one of those holidays that I think people have lost sight of what it really means. It is wonderful to know that I serve a living Savior. One that was crucified on a cross. Who laid down His life for my sins. Then 3 days later arose from the grave. Wow, that sends goosebumps down my arms just thinking about it.

I told Pastor today the due date. He said that was one of the best Easter gifts he could imagine. He can't wait to see Hubster. All of our friends can't wait to see him.

The kids and I went to a friend's house Friday night for supper and games. It was so much fun. I laughed and laughed. I was telling Hubster about it, and I was telling him who was all there. I told him that DH and his wife were there. I know he will know them as soon as he sees them. They sit behind us in church. He finally got exasperated with me, and he told me that he couldn't believe that I wouldn't tell him who DH was. He thought I was just giving him DH's initials like I do when we talk about some of the wives. I started laughing because his name is really DH. He goes by his initials.

Yesterday I was trying to figure out what to wear for Easter and homecoming. I finally decided on some sandals, a jean skirt that I have, and I bought a t-shirt that I think will be cute. It should be all that I need. I've got to get some packing done. It is very close to homecoming time. I was telling somebody that I can't wait to just smell him. You don't realize how much that you miss that smell when they are gone.

We are going this afternoon to Aunt Margaret's and Uncle Gregg's house. The girls will get to hunt eggs there. She texted me about 1130 to see if I wanted to bring them over. The boys hopped all over that one. We went to the 830 service at church this morning. Then I took the kids to Mimi's Cafe for brunch. That place is so good. I really love the food. Told them I was NOT fixing them lunch though. They all 4 pigged out.

No comments:

Post a Comment