Monday, April 12, 2010

The End...

I'm writing this post the night before Hubster is set to be home. I will publish this post as soon as Hubster has safely made his way back into my arms. I wanted to try to put into words what it is like the day and night before they get home.

I woke up Sunday morning at 5 AM. It is now Monday morning at 1 AM. I'm still wide awake. I am running on pure adrenaline right now. The excitement of seeing Hubster after 7 months is beyond any words that I could use to describe it. I sit here on the bed, and I anxiously count the hours until I think he might be here. I have set my phone beside the bed waiting for his picture to pop up when he has finally landed safely in the US. It will be the first phone call from his cell phone in 205 days. I don't know what kind of emotions I will experience when that first call comes through, but I'm sure they will be all over the place. I've got to try and get some sleep. I'm wiped out.

It is now 730 PM on Monday night. Hubster still hasn't made it home. They had mechanical issues with the plane, so instead of being here with me, he sits in a hotel room still over a thousand miles away. Hoping to get home Tuesday. I'm not nervous or anxious any more. I just want to have him home. The saying....SEMPER GUMBY....certainly fits with today.

HE IS BACK IN THE STATES!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment