Sunday, August 23, 2009

What I learned Today....

Today wasn't an easy day. Today started out bad. It started out really bad, but I learned something along the way. I learned something that I had forgotten over the last few weeks.

I had been in a dark place. I was a different person. It took 2 other Seabee wives calling our FRG VP to talk to me. That seemed to be a turning point for me. That was the point that started it all. Mrs. VP will never know how much her little chat helped me. Well, maybe she will, she does read this. *smooches Mrs. VP*. You see, it got me to thinking. That place I was in, was not a place I wanted to stay. That place was not healthy for me. After I hung up with Mrs. VP, I hurried and got everybody ready for church. I was still upset, but I was bound and determined to get to church tonight. The whole way there, I prayed. I prayed for the peace that had been missing for weeks. Thankfully, God heard my prayers. The minute I sat down in the pew at church, a peace that I haven't had in weeks washed over me. A great weight was lifted off my shoulders. I remembered that yes, right now I have NO control over what is going on, but God is always in control. Tonight, I found myself again. Tonight, I am at peace with whatever God's plan shall be. Ahhhhh, it is so nice to be back to me.

I still miss Hubster so much. I tear up when I think of him, and I know that I will cry tears of joy when I finally hear his voice. That is okay though. I feel like me again. I know what I need to do.

After church tonight we went to my aunt and uncle's house. It has been about 4 weeks since we have been over there. They wanted us to come and eat some birthday cake for my uncle. I swear they are like a 3rd set of grandparents to my kids. My uncle was rocking and singing to the girls. We had to take pictures. It was adorable. If you knew my uncle, you would know how cute this was. My aunt was in their office/play room with the boys playing with toys. It was such a wonderful evening.

KG though has been on one today. I had gone to the bathroom to pee, and she walked in as I was getting ready to flush the toilet. She goes....EWWWWW, gross, and then proceeds to pretend to gag as she is flushing the toilet. I was laughing so hard, that I was crying. She had to then show my parents how that she gags. She goes around asking you "why". It doesn't matter if you give her an answer, she will still ask you why. BG refuses to crawl anymore, and she doesn't want you feeding her. She is so independent. I can't believe that she will be a year old in 10 days. Where has the time gone? The boys, well they have been the boys today. They helped Grandpa mow our yard. Then I made them go to church with me this evening. I'm pretty sure that they were glad that they did.

Tomorrow is the doctor's office for the girls. There are shots to be had. I'm just wondering how much of a fit that they will throw at the doctor's office when I tell them that I delay vaxes, and I only do 1 or 2 at a time. I have to monitor for reactions since I am highly allergic to them myself. KG had a really really bad reaction to her last DTaP. It was bad enough that she won't be getting any more. I had it documented in her medical file.

We are hopefully just days away from seeing Hubster in GP. I can't wait to see his face. And as a side note, I really can't wait to see all of my new Seabee Sisters that I met Saturday night. I also can't wait for our next get together. I had so much fun at the Stress Free Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment