Friday, August 28, 2009

What a Drive...

but it is worth it. It is worth it to see the Hubster. I have never been as happy to see somebody as I was to see him. I never knew that I would love that man more today as I did the day I married him. I am the luckiest woman alive. I married my prince (even though he sometimes can be a frog.) How is that for mushy?

9.5 hours in 2 cars with 4 kids and 3 adults makes for a long trip, but the payoff in the end is worth it when you get to see your Seabee. The hotel where Hubster is staying put up welcome signs for the families. I'm going to have to take a picture. What a nice surprise. We left home around 115 Thursday which was only 15 minutes past the original planned time of leaving, and after the start we had with the car rental company, I was very happy with that. We made it to GP at 1100 PM last night. I will certainly not complain about that. That is pretty good time for us. We only had to make 2 stops.

BG was all about Daddy as soon as she saw him. He couldn't even put her down. She was all smiles and yelling Daddy over and over. I don't want her to forget him when he leaves US soil. He was sitting on the bed with her, and she was crawling all over him. KB didn't even see Daddy. He was too busy sleeping, but that is okay. He will see him today. TB and KG gave him hugs, but everybody was tired.

I have no idea what is on the agenda today. It will all depend on what time Hubster gets off. They keep saying it should be a short day for them. I don't know if the military's short and my short though are the same. I'm just hoping he is off by lunch. I can always dream can't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment