Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weekly Recap...

This has been what I like to dub "A WEEK". It has been extremely long. Last Thursday was of course surgery day. I arrived at the hospital at 11 for my 1 PM surgery. Surgery started on time, and the next thing I remember is waking up at 6 PM in my room. I ended up having a total abdominal hysterectomy, which will be known as TAH from here on out. I had to much scar tissue on my intestines to have the "easier" surgery. I got to go the full route. I was in surgery for 4.5 hours. I don't think my body knows how to do easy any more.

Friday was uneventful. Saturday Hubster had drill, and I got released from the hospital a full day early because I was doing good. That is code for I got up out of the hospital bed and walked the hospital halls until I felt like I was going to pass out. I wanted to go home. Crazy me missed my kids and the noise. I about went stir crazy on Friday being by myself in a hospital room not able to get out of bed.

Sunday Hubster was frocked. We are incredibly proud of him. He has waited a long time for this.

The rest of the week has me basically sitting in a recliner with my feet propped up. I never imagined in my life that I would hurt this much. I wasn't expecting the pain that I'm in. I can take the 3 other surgeries and having 4 kids combine it, and I don't think it would come close to the pain that I've been in after this surgery. I have also had some moments over the past week where I wonder if what I had done was worth it. The second guessing of myself rears it's ugly head. In my pain induced and medicated induced fog, I vaguely recall hearing my doctor tell me that the pain I was in before surgery should now be fixed. I will get the full details at my 2 week check up next Thursday. She has put me on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) because I vaguely recall her mentioning that she took everything or most of everything. I'm sitting here in my recliner at 7 AM awake because I moved wrong at 5 AM this morning. Nothing like a burning, searing pain to wake you up. The ache that is left over has not let up, and now the debate is on to rather or not to call the doctor. What to do, what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment