Friday, June 24, 2011

One of Those Days...

Well, it has actually been a few of those days. Yesterday I went to the doctor for my 2 week post-op. She was upset with the weight loss. For some reason 14 pounds in 3 weeks doesn't make her happy. She was also concerned with the pain I'm still in. Told me if I didn't see significant improvement by next Thursday, I have to come back in for a ct scan.

I'm doing my best not to cry right at this moment. My emotions today have been all over the place. I finally got out of the house for a few hours. I went to eat lunch with my mom and kids and then ran to Ross's and Michael's. I was ready to come home after lunch. The hard chair that I sat on at lunch wasn't comfortable. I've been in pain ever since. I'm so tired of hurting.

I'm saddened by people that haven't even bothered to call, to send an email, or even a text to check on me. I don't know why it bothers me, but it does. I heard from people that I never expected to, and then not a word from those that I expected to at least hear a "I hope you're feeling okay". I also realize that a lot of what I'm feeling right now is hormones out of whack. These last couple of weeks have been very hard on me physically and emotionally. I didn't expect this to be this hard. Even though I was done having kids, there is a part of me that grieves of what was taken because of this hysterectomy. I wasn't expecting that either. I didn't expect to be saddened by this. It has thrown me for a loop. From everything that I have read, this is normal. Maybe if I had bounced back quickly some of these emotions wouldn't be like they are right now.

At least I have tomorrow to look forward to GNO with some of my Seabee Sisters. I can't wait. I still can't drive, so Hubster is going to take me over there. Then he and the kids are going to go eat somewhere else. Hubster has also been working insane hours at work. It is craziness, but it has certainly padded our savings account. He will be off next weekend for the entire 3 day weekend. Plus his birthday is next Sunday. We are going out to lunch after church with our good friends. I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Big hugs. Sorry I have not been around but you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You came and stayed with me one day. I'm not talking about you. I know that I've been in your thoughts and prayers. I never once doubted it. I also know what you have been going through over the last month, and I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete