Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our Weather is Bipolar...

Today it is in the teens with wind chills below zero. The boys were home from school today because of the ice. Sunday it is supposed to be near 70. I'm looking forward to the warmth. I also know that we are getting closer to summer time and the 100+ degree days, and I'm not looking forward to them. I'm not a hot weather type of lady. You can't take off enough clothes to stay cool, but you certainly can put on enough clothes to stay warm. As I get older, I've noticed that I despise the heat more and more. I thought it would be the other way around, but it isn't.

Hubster is getting ready to head to Port Hueneme for a couple of weeks. He leaves next Sunday. I'm not looking forward to it, but it is what it is. He has a class for the Seabees. It is coming time for him to reenlist, and he still isn't sure if he is going to stay a Bee or go in another direction. I'm hoping to go and get my dress for the Seabee Ball in the next couple of weeks. I don't have much time left before I need to get me one. I also need to set up appointments for hair and nails and all of that fun stuff.

Thankfully work has picked up a bit. I've been working on 3 or 4 different trips that will end up paying pretty well if they book. I know for a fact that at least 2 of them will. I also have a customer leaving on Sunday for a trip. I wish it was me going. I like to travel though, so I'm always wishing it was me going.

It looks like we will be going to California in December for Christmas. We haven't been out there for the holidays in 6 years, so this looks like a good time to go. I love the Bay area. Hopefully we can do some more sightseeing. I really should load in the pictures of all the windmills I took when we were there in October. I love windmills. They are so peaceful. I know I'm strange.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about liking the heat less the older you get. Me too. I think it's my hormones!

    ReplyDelete