Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can't believe that 2010 has come to an end. What a year it was. Last New Year's Eve was probably the most horrible New Year's Eve on record. The memory of that day is still vivid in my mind. Nothing like having a panic attack right at midnight. Thankfully that wasn't how my year ended up being. 2010 was actually a very kind year to my family. Even with every thing that happened towards the end.

April saw Hubster safely home from Iraq from his second deployment. August saw me through a surgery that has helped me lose 73 pounds so far. October brought us to Hubster losing his job at the end of the year. December brought Hubster a new job that so far he loves. It also brought us more money at his new job. It brought us my brother coming home after being away for 6.5 years. It has been so nice to have both of my brothers nearby. Even though they both can be a pain in my butt, I still love them. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us.

Last night we had 3 couples come over for New Year's Eve. They were from my Sunday School class. Love spending time with an amazing group of people. We had some snack foods and played dominoes until after the New Year. We had so much fun. We laughed and laughed. I didn't get to invite every body that I would have liked to. We did end up with a houseful of people. We are really going to have to do that more often.

Tomorrow starts our church's annual Bible conference. I can't wait. I'm hoping it as good as it has been the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment