Monday, July 12, 2010

The Weekend...

It was super busy, and it flew by. I can't believe that today is already Monday. It was drill weekend for Hubster, so he was gone most of the weekend.

Saturday the kids and I went over to a friend's house. She had invited a few of the wives and their kids over to swim, since our husbands were back at drill. The kids had a ball, and I got a sunburn. One of the joys of having fair skin. We had so much fun there. We saw 4 other wives, and I enjoy spending time with all of them.

Sunday the kids and I went to a baby shower for my nephew's fiancee. They are expecting a baby boy in September. The town it is in is 170 miles away, so we left the house at 830 Sunday morning. It makes for a long day when you are the only driver. They ended up with a ton of stuff, and I still have to order their baby bed that is from my mom, my brother, and me. I got to see my brother, and he is looking so good since his lapband surgery. Even his color is looking better. I can't wait till my surgery, and I hope that I do as good on it as he is. He says that he has to remember to eat because he forgets.

Hubster on Saturday bought us a new set of sheets that were 1000 count from up on base. I got home after spending the day at our friend's house to our bed being made. I must say there is something incredibly sexy about coming home to new sheets and a bed being made.

The kids are finally all better. We are down to 5 weeks before school starts, so I need to start buying school supplies and uniforms for the boys. Think I will start that either this weekend or next weekend. Don't want that to sneak up on us. I will wait till the very last minute though to buy them new shoes. They both grow so fast, that shoes might not fit in 5 weeks time.



No comments:

Post a Comment