Wednesday, July 21, 2010

12 Years Ago Today...

my life changed drastically for the good. It was 12 years ago today, that my oldest child was born. First off, Happy Birthday TB! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that TB was born. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I can remember the twice weekly OB visits. I can remember how incredibly hot it was that summer. I can remember wondering how much longer was I going to have to be on strict bed rest. I had already been on bed rest for 6 weeks, when I went in for my OB appointment on July 20. I was at 35 weeks, and TB had decided that he had had enough. He just decided that he would stop moving around in there. Decided to scare us all to death including the doctor. Dr. R decided to do a stress test to see what was going on, and in an hours time there was just a heart beat no movement. I was giving orange juice, and still he wouldn't move. (He was being stubborn. I should have known what it would bring.) My mom was with me, since I wasn't allowed to drive. Hubster wasn't even in the picture. I refused to talk to him at the time. Dr. R. walked into the room looked at the test, and told me to go and have a big lunch. Then to come back to her office. I knew something was wrong when I was taken into her office instead of a room. It was at that point she told us that we were going to be having a baby the next day unless something drastic happened over night with TB's heartbeat. I wasn't any where prepared to have TB at 35 weeks. I still had 5 weeks to go, but he had other ideas. I guess he was ready to enter this world. My SIL at the time, Jennifer, came to stay the night with me at the hospital. They had hooked me up to monitors and all sorts of fun things. My mother, took it upon herself, to go and get Hubster. She thought he at least deserved to be there for the birth of his son. She brought him by the hospital that night to see me, and it was then that I started to soften towards him again. Could have had something to do with how scared I was. I had practically gone through a difficult pregnancy by myself, and not because Hubster didn't want to be there. It was because I wouldn't let him be there. The next morning, the 21st, they started the pitocin at 6 AM. Hubster was by my side the entire time, except for when they came into give me my epidural. They kicked everybody out of the room, and that is when all of the fun started. My water broke before they could get the epi in, and TB decided he was ready NOW to make an appearance. The nurse asked me who I wanted in the room with me, and I told her to grab the first person walking down the hall. That happened to be my SIL at the time, Jennifer. They grabbed a doctor walking by to come in and deliver my baby. It was a whirlwind 10 minutes. It was all over and done with so fast, that at times I wonder if all of that really did happen that way. I think Jennifer can tell you that yes it did. Poor Hubster wasn't even there for the birth of his first child. He got stuck out in the hallway, and didn't get to see or hold TB for over an hour. The thing was that after all that happened, that Hubster never left my side except to sleep. We have been together every day since TB's birth. Not only do I celebrate TB's birthday today, but I also celebrate a new beginning for Hubster and I. We were married 5 months later, and I am so glad that my mom thought he needed to be there for the birth of TB.

Now, that I have that out of the way, let us get back to me. :) Yesterday was day 2 in the journey to my new life. I just couldn't take the protein shakes. They were horrible. I was gagging trying to drink it, so I decided to just try and drink my way to enough protein without a ton of calories. Still don't think I've gotten enough protein in 2 days, but I think it was better. I went to the gym last night, and in 35 minutes rode 7.5 miles on the bike. Never dropped below 85 rpms. I was proud of myself. Probably not all that great, but for somebody that had become a couch potato, I thought it was pretty good. I'm hoping to make it either after church tonight or before again to work out again. I caught myself taking a nibble here and there when I was fixing the kids lunch, but I spit it all out as soon as I realized what I was doing. I am bound and determined to make this work. Looking forward to the lapband. I have pre-op testing next Monday at the hospital. Sounds like loads of fun, and I hope that everything comes back okay. I don't want any roadblocks thrown up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment