Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nature of the Blog is going to change a bit...

for a few weeks any way. We are T- minus 13 days till lapband surgery. I'm excited, but I'm also wondering if this is the right thing to do. Not feeling a lot of support from Hubster on this. He keeps telling me to do what I want to do because I will any way. Not what I am wanting or needing to hear. I guess his feelings were made known when he asked me if he needed to be there for the surgery. I have to keep remembering that is for me and not for any body else. I've already gotten some negative feedback from some people. Most any body that I have told though have been nothing but supportive and excited for me.

I started the 2 week liquid portion of the diet yesterday. I had my last ever coke(soda for those not from the south) on Saturday. No more fizzy drinks for me. I can have 2 protein drinks a day, jello, cottage cheese, and soup for supper. I don't think I had enough protein yesterday because I felt terrible last night. I was wiped out. Thankfully after the surgery is done on the 2nd, I will only have 2 days of liquid diet before I can slowly start introducing soft solids back into my diet.

I sometimes think that people will judge me for doing this. I don't think they have any idea just exactly how hard this is actually to do. There is a HUGE life changing experience. There are certain foods and drinks that you are never able to eat or drink again. This is a lifestyle change. You have to be committed to changing eating habits and exercise habits. I still feel it is best for me in the long run. I am doing what I feel needs to be done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment