Friday, May 7, 2010

He has been home for 2 weeks now...

I mean home home. Not just on American soil. Still haven't figured out what to do about a job. I guess he isn't too worried about it. I worry, but that is me I guess.

We talked to a guy at church Wednesday night, and he was asking what Hubster was going to do. I told him that he was looking for a job, and that he was going to sign up for another deployment. That one of the Seabee battalions was needing people to go. He said he could tell us which battalion it was, and he named of the unit. He had hit the nail on the head, and said he had seen their reports. They were in need of a bunch of guys. Still trying to figure out if I'm ready for another deployment, but whatever happens, happens. I will get through it. One day at a time. That is the best that you can do.

I went to Mardels the other day, and I found a book. I wish I would have had this book at the beginning of his last deployment. It is called Hero's at Home. It is a really good read so far. The books are only a $1, and I should pick up some to hand out to those that ask me questions. It is an amazing read.

Hubster and I are still doing good. I'm still shocked at how easy the integration process has been this go around. I don't know if he feels the same or not. He doesn't talk. I keep dreaming of going back to the IP to spend some time. Maybe soon Hubster and I will get a chance to get away for a weekend. We could use it. People don't seem to realize how important it is to carve out some couple time. If you don't do that, your marriage will suffer.

He is taking the boys with him tonight to go bowling with the men at church. It sounds like they will have a good time. Our friends are coming over tomorrow for bbq and dominoes. I was laughing and saying that this makes us sound old. I love dominoes though, and we have them hooked on it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment