Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Just have to Let Stuff Go...

I just have to. Otherwise it just keeps eating at me. Hubster has been busy this week applying for jobs. Amazing how that works when you find out that the check you were expecting to get on the 1st isn't there. Seems that when you separate from the military that DFAS holds your last check for 4 to 8 weeks. That way they can determine if you owe money. He went to the place he was working when he deployed. He is supposed to have a job. They are required by law to have a job for them. He went to tell them that he wanted to come back to work ASAP, but they have been avoiding him like the plague. I honestly don't think he has a job there, and they are scrambling to see what they need to do. We are praying that something comes up with all of the resumes that Hubster has sent out over the last 2 days.

Today is the boys last day of school until August. They were both excited. KB is going to stay the night at a friend's house, and TB has an end of the year party at somebody's house this afternoon. I'm pretty proud of the young men my boys are turning into. I think I handled the fort pretty well while Hubster was deployed.

The home front is somewhat better. We haven't sat down and discussed any thing, but I know that once the money issue is situated, that everything else will fall into place. That is our biggest problem. I'm really just trying to let things go. This past weekend was one of the best weekends we have had in a long time. I just finally broke down on Friday. I just couldn't go on any longer pretending that things are hunky dory when they aren't. I told Hubster that we needed to have a talk, but by the time he got home from the capital, I didn't have the energy or the inclination to talk about it. I decided that I'm just going to let it go.

There has been so much death, sickness, sadness, and divorce around me over the last 2 weeks, that I just can't believe it. A friend of mine on Sunday night told me that satan is really hammering at our marriages, and I can certainly agree with that. It seems like every time I turn around somebody else is getting divorced. Hubster's friend found out his wife was cheating on him while they were deployed. He was still wanting to work on their marriage, but she was done. That seems to be a common theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment