Monday, January 9, 2012

January is nearly half-way over...

I can't believe it.  Where has the time gone?  Next week is the start of the spring semester for my college.  I just want to be done at this point, and I'm just now starting.  I still don't know what exactly I want to do.  I'm making contingency plans because it is so hard to get into nursing school.  I figure that I need to have a plan B, C, and D in place.  I'm not counting on that route working out all that well for me because of how hard it is to get in.  That will be okay though.  I'm thinking if that route doesn't work, I might go the route of physical therapy.  If that doesn't sound like fun, then I might just give education a go.

Hubster and I have decided that we will just stay in the house we are in probably.  We are hoping that within the next two years we can go from renting to own from the owner (who we know very well and believes our kids are her grandkids) to outright buying it from her with it being put in our name.  We need to get our credit cleaned up, and we are well on our way to getting there according to our last credit score pull.  In the meantime, we are going to start fixing it up the way we want to.  The first project will probably be the upstairs bathroom or the kitchen.  We are also wanting to do some radiant barrier in our attic.  We want to completely gut our kitchen and start over.  Right now it is a small eat in kitchen, and I want to change it from that to a bar area that we can eat at.  We have a large dining room that is not used.  We can start eating in there for "family" meals.

Hubster is liking his new job.  It seems to be working out very well for him.  I'm glad he is liking it so much.  The kids are doing great.  KB turns 12 in 17 days.  I can't believe I will have 2 junior high students next year.  That is not possible.  I can remember when they both started to school.  We are going to talk to the school that KG goes to.  We are hoping that might be willing to let BG start school a year early.  Her birthday falls on September 4, and you have to be  5 by September 1 to go to Kindergarten.  I'm hoping that they will let her start K-4 at 3 and K-5 at 4.  The teacher would be okay with BG starting school a year early.  If not, then she will just start when she is supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment