Monday, January 30, 2012

It was a great weekend...

Friday was KB's birthday party.  We had 3 boys come and spend the night.  Hubster and I took them to see Red Tails, but just as the movie started the projector broke.  We ended up with all of our money back plus 7 free tickets.  They could never get the projector to work.  We will go and see it another day.  Hubster took the boys to play mini-golf instead.  I sacrificed and stayed home while he took them.  They seemed to have a great time.  I know they did not go to sleep until around 530 on Saturday morning because I woke up to them being loud at that time.  I'm thinking that KB's 12th birthday was a success.

Saturday I started the day off with coffee at a friend's house.  She invited 3 of us over for some coffee sans kids.  Can we all just say...SIGH how nice!  It was a great way to start the morning.  I came home to Hubster feeding all of the children waffles.  (I knew that belgian waffle iron he got for Christmas was going to be a great idea.)  We did not do anything on Saturday.  We took KB out for dinner for his birthday with the family.  We went to what used to be our favorite Mexican food place.  We found out that the owner and his wife divorced two years ago.  I think she might have been the driving force behind the place.  The service was terrible.  The food was luke warm if not cold, and it did not taste as good as it used to.  We ended up with one meal free and 20% off the entire meal.  Needless to say, I doubt we ever go back.

Yesterday we went to the little bitty town I grew up in for my great uncle's 90th birthday, my great aunt's 85th birthday, and their 65th wedding anniversary.  I got to see my nephews and niece and my 3 great-niece's.  I have a great-niece that is 16 months old that reminds me so much of BG.  Her and I had a ball together.  I told my nephew that he was in for a treat with her.  We had a really great time seeing cousins we hadn't seen in years.  I'm so glad that we got to go, and that I felt pretty good all weekend.

This week is shaping up to be lots of fun.  I have to call and make doctor's appointments with my primary and my GYN.  Will get that done sometimes today hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment