Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So much going on...

and so little time.  Hubster was contacted via email a few weeks ago about a job in a different city.  When I mean a different city, we are talking 300 miles away different city.  He ignored it at first because he hadn't applied for it.  Then they started calling him.  He decided to give it a look to see what it was about.  Some headhunters found his resume online, and he matched the criteria that the company was looking for.  We talked about it some and decided that he should go ahead and fill out an application.  It never hurts to talk to them.  He goes Saturday for a job interview.  This job is more money than he is making now.  It has wonderful benefits, and it has a chance for advancement.  All of the things he doesn't have now.  It would require us to pick up and move though 300 miles away into a place I have zero desire to live in, but I am willing to do it if it is God's will.  We have been praying for guidance on this, and that if this isn't God's will that the door for this opportunity would be firmly closed.

I wish at times I could go back to when the boys were little and do things over, but I can't.  I started a bedtime routine with the girls a few months ago where I read them a Bible story and say a prayer with them.  Over the last few weeks, the girls have gotten in on the action of saying a prayer themselves.  BG still recites a little prayer, but KG is praying her own.  She prays for her friends and her family.  It makes me smile and warms my heart.  I'm trying to train these kids up in the way that God wants us to.  I pray for their protection and His guidance in their lives.  I never did this with the boys because we didn't go to church when they were small.  Oh, how I would love to go back and do it all over again.

I'm always amazed at how God puts people in your life.  He always knows what you need.  Last week I had a friend in need.  I didn't know this at the time.  I just knew that I needed to contact her to find out how she was doing.  She needed a sounding board.  God knew it, and He placed it on my heart to contact her.  It just reinforces to me that He always takes care of us.  Always.

I really need to get back to my school work.  I have an essay to write on Roman and Gothic churches.  Oh boy, doesn't that sound like fun.  I'm still trying to figure out why in the world I decided that I needed to go back to school now.

No comments:

Post a Comment