Monday, August 16, 2010

What a Weekend...

Went Friday to our Ladies Retreat for church. Got to hear Erica Branch give her testimony on Friday night and sing. The woman can flat out sing too. She has a beautiful voice, and a wonderful testimony of the faithfulness of God. Even when we don't know why he has allowed something to happen. I was going to stay the night, but dumb me didn't take a blanket or a pillow. I didn't even think about it, but thankfully the retreat was close enough that I could drive home for the evening. I missed my husband any way. I got up at 630 on Saturday morning, and went back for the day sessions. Erica talked about Ruth and Naomi. What an amazing story, and again God provided for Ruth and Naomi even in their darkest hours. What a faithful God we serve. She also talked about how to have a personal relationship with God. Gave us tips on how to get closer to Him. Tips on how to pray. I've always been a prayer. I pray when I'm driving if I'm not singing along to the music on the Christian radio station. I sometimes wake in the night, and I will pray. Usually it is because God has put somebody on my heart. I always pray before bed, and usually when I get up. I don't think I realized just how much I pray until this weekend. She was telling us that she writes down her prayers, and that she keeps a prayer journal. I think I might start doing that. That way I can see how God is working in my life and those lives around me. She came to church yesterday and sang. Pastor preached a message on Sunday. Loved what he had to say. I always love what he has to say though.

Ever since Hubster's and I little fight on Tuesday, things have been wonderful. I don't if that cleared the air or what, but it has been heavenly around here. I couldn't really ask for much more than that.

The boys started back to school this morning. I'm excited for them to start, but I think I'm going to miss them. It is very quiet around here, but I'm sure that I can get used to it.

I gained a couple of pounds a few days ago. I got to tracking my calorie intake, and I was only eating between 600- 700 calories a day. That was it. The only thing that I can think is that my body was holding onto every calorie that I was eating. I upped my calories to between 800-900 over the weekend, and the 2 pounds I had gained came off. I still can't eat very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment