Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I can't believe how fast May is flying by...

I'm shocked. We have been so busy that it is craziness around my house. TB has 7th grade orientation tomorrow. It is a parent's optional type of thing. I asked him if he would be okay with me going, and he promptly replied...NO! He told me he wouldn't acknowledge me being there. I knew this before I asked, but I so enjoy needling the boy. The boys started spring football, and so far they both love it. They have 2 weeks of practice before summer. Then they have a week off. This summer they will have conditioning and weights that are "optional" all summer. We also found out they will be gone for a week the first week of August for football camp. The place they go to school sends them to a camp. It is covered in the fees that we have to pay. They are looking forward to it. I'm ready for the school year to be over. We have 7 more school days left. Next week is going to be extra busy around here. This Friday they have the talent show at school, and of course, KB is in it. Just what I want to do. Wednesday is awards. Thursday is field day, and Friday is the last day of school. I can't wait.

Hubster got great news yesterday. He finally, after 5 tests, advanced to CE1. There were only 9 Navy wide that advanced. He is sitting in a rate that has little to no advancement in it right now. He was so happy. He was 4 points away last test cycle, so he knew he was close. He didn't even know about it until somebody called him to congratulate him. He was like a school boy. Guess that cemented his decision to just stay where he is at right now and reenlist for another 3 years. He should be signing paperwork this drill weekend.

On a happy note about me, I finally have hit goal number 2 in my weight loss. I'm also at the point where my amount lost is bigger than my amount left to lose. It is a great big deal, and I can't believe that I'm finally there. Anybody that has struggled with their weight know how hard it is to lose, and I have a lot to lose. My clothes are getting way to big. I'm going to have to break down and buy me some new ones. The thing I have noticed is that I want cute clothes now. I used to not care. I just wanted something that is comfortable. I haven't been able to work out since my gallbladder surgery. I tried to work out on Monday, and I've regretted it since. My incision site hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment