Monday, March 19, 2012

We Made It Through..

spring break.  I did not enjoy getting up this morning at 615 to get everybody ready for school.  I'm certainly not enjoying doing my own school work.  I really do not enjoy this at all.  If I wasn't so set on improving our financial situation, I would quit.  That is how much I'm not enjoying school.  I don't even know what I want to do anyway.

I started taking Topamax last week, and that lasted for 4 days.  I couldn't handle the side effects.  They were awful.  I read somewhere that you have to give it a few weeks to build up in your system.  I couldn't even drive.  4 kids doesn't allow for it to build up in my system especially during the school year.  The tingling sensation in my face and hands was to the point where I wanted to claw at myself.  I felt like I was drunk.  I couldn't function.  It was awful.  The doctor told me to stop taking it because those were the symptoms at the lowest dose.  My mother informed me on Thursday that I looked horrible.  I felt like I looked.  It was a horrible experience.  The only thing good about Topamax was that I had zero appetite, and when I would eat I could only manage a few bites.  I lost 3 pounds in just a few days.  Sugar also tasted very nasty.  Still wasn't worth it to take it.

Yesterday was Ky-pie's 5th birthday.  I still can't believe she is 5.  She got some roller skates which is what she was wanting.  I made her a ladybug birthday cake.  Her "friends" birthday party is this Saturday.  That party I will be ordering her cake for.  I will not be making it.  Here is a picture of her cake.  I never said I was a cake decorator.


My aunt and uncle came over yesterday for Ky-pie's birthday, and we had homemade ice cream and birthday cake.  My dad was wanting some so bad that he used a hand crank one.  My dad is sitting on it while Ty turns the crank.  It actually turned out very well.


I have to go and pick up a cookie cake to take to school for Ky-pie for her birthday.  Her class doesn't eat cupcakes.  They lick off the icing, and she said she would prefer the cookie cake anyway.  I told her that I would do that after lunch.  

Just have to get through this week, and the rest of the school year will be pretty much down hill.  I think from what I could tell that they have 9 weeks left.  Only this week and I think 1 other week has 5 days that they will be attending.  April is shaping up to be a month with lots of off days for the boys.  I'm ready to get this year behind us and to hopefully start new and bright beginnings.  



No comments:

Post a Comment