Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bah Humbug

My Christmas spirit went out the window this morning.  That is what happens when the Navy shorts you $2800 right before Christmas.  Hubster uses his travel card very sparingly when in a class.  The Navy happened to mess up the per diem, and they only paid him for staying on base instead of the per diem rate for staying in a hotel.  That is a $56 per day difference, and when you pay for expenses yourself out of pocket it can leave you in a pickle.  We have dealt numerous times with the Navy being slow in paying travel claims, so you learn quickly it is easier to pay for everything upfront yourself, and then have the Navy pay you.  Add this to the fact that his final check from them was short $700, and you quickly start trying to figure out what to do.  I thought I was going to be sick, and I don't have any idea how bills will be paid let alone the final bit of Christmas we have left to buy.  Yes, I know that everything will work out.  It has to.  Plus our Tricare got messed up and cancelled, but I believe we might have that issue resolved now.  I think.  We won't know until I try to get online to make sure that we have coverage.

I'm going to try and get my Christmas spirit back.  It isn't about things.  It is about people and Jesus.  I need to remember that.  My friend is coming over tomorrow for a day of baking and candy making.  I'm looking forward to it.  We should have fun.  Now, I just need to finish up my list and run to the store to finish getting the things that are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment