Sunday, November 13, 2011

It was one of THOSE weeks...

You know the type of week I am talking about.  The type of week that you are glad is over because if it could go wrong it would.  It was the type of week where you are glad it is over, and you just pray that the next week will be better even though you are not expecting it too, but you sure can hope and pray right.
Sunday was a great day except the coming home part.  Monday was unexceptional.  Forgot to pay for KG's dance class, so I'm going to get hit with a late fee when I do pay it.  Oops.  Tuesday was where it all started to turn dreadfully wrong.  Hubster called me Tuesday afternoon with some news that we had to pay a bill that I wasn't expecting, and it had to be paid that day.  It was imperative, and that meant coming up with nearly $400 out of thin air.  I was so distracted by trying to figure out where money was going to appear from, that I laid my phone down at the grocery store.  It walked out of the store with the help of somebody other than me.  There goes another $130 that I'm going to have to fork over to buy a new phone.  Wednesday was another uneventful day.  We made it to church.  Then Thursday happened.  Thursday KB had some issues at school that I found out about.  He is really missing Hubster, and Hubster and I decided that maybe we need to figure out a way for us to make it to California. There is not a support system in place for military spouses at the church we go to.  I only know of one other spouse in our church that has a husband in the military.  Even though my husband is only in the reserves, he has been gone a lot this year.  Maybe it is God's way of telling me that I really need to work to put together that type of ministry because I feel really strongly that there is a ministry there that is being missed.  I don't know.  All I do know is that I feel alone and adrift right now, and I want nothing more than to have somebody call, text, or email me and see if I need anything when Hubster is gone.  I would love for somebody to call and say "Hey, would you like to meet for lunch or dinner.  Can I stop by for a chat?  What day can I take the girls or the boys for a few hours?"  I don't feel like there is anybody I can turn to.  Then I feel bad for even wishing that somebody would notice that hey I need a friend here.  I'm strong.  I should be able to do two months with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back.  I have retreated back into myself, and that is where I will remain until Hubster gets home in December.  Anybody wants to find me, they know how to get a hold of me.  Didn't even talk to Hubster on Friday.  He was too busy to call.  Saturday KG started getting sick, KB hurt his foot, and we went to supper for my mom's birthday.  I can't afford to take either one to the doctor until Tuesday when Hubster gets paid.  I have started hurting again like I did before my hysterectomy, and I just feel awful.  I can't even lay on my right side because of the pain.  I go to the doctor on Friday to start the process of seeing what is going on yet again.  Yesterday, I figured out the finances, and it doesn't look like a trip to California is doable.  I just don't see it happening unless a way opens up.  I haven't even told KB yet.  He has been on cloud nine with the hope that we get to go.  I don't have the heart to tell him yet that it doesn't look possible.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your hubby being gone. I am happy to hear that you only have two weeks left to go. I was very lucky to live near a base while my husband was deployed so that I had the support of all the other wives who were missing their husbands too. I think people just can't understand what it is like until they have experienced it. My husband was gone for three weeks to southeast Asia earlier this month and my parents were telling me, "Piece of cake! It's only three weeks!" And then I asked them, "In your 30+ years of marriage what is the longest amount of time that you have been apart from each other?" Less than a week. Anyway, all this is to say that I feel for you during this time and I am excited for you guys to be back together for Christmas. Also, on a side note, if you haven't gotten a new phone yet, my husband just bought a new one so we have a Droid Global that I'd be happy to send over if you're interested. Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete